There are two things that you can say about concrete, no one will ever steal it, and it will crack. Significant cracks can be a sign that the concrete pad is unstable. Minor cracks can look unsightly, but they are normal.
Many people simply pour liquid concrete into cracks. However, I think using a primer is a better option as it creates a better bond between the new concrete and the old concrete.
The steps to repairing minor cracks are simple.
- Remove all debris from the crack.
- Pour in some primer and force it into the crack using a trowel.
- Allow the primer to dry a bit.
- Mix up your patch concrete. I like to use hydrolytic cement because it is fine and enters small cracks.
- Pro tip, work quickly with this kind of cement as it has a fast cure.